Claims by Minors

Blanchardtown's Rory Quigley & Co Solicitors has a wealth of experience and expertise in dealing with cases where a minor has been injured. Under Irish Law, a minor is classified as anyone under the age of 18. In cases where a person under the age of 18 has been injured, they cannot peruse a claim on their own. However, a parent or guardian can pursue a claim on behalf of the injured minor. Any awarded settlements will be stored by the courts and only become available to the minor when they turn 18. 

If during the legal proceedings the minor turn’s eighteen then details can be amended so it is the injured party now pursuing the claim.

Pursuing a claim for a Minor 

-After a child has been injured – be it due to a traffic accident or negligence elsewhere – it is of vital importance that the child is seen by a medical professional as soon as possible. 

-Medical records will record the incident along with detailing the extent of the incurred injuries.

-In the case of an especially young child, it is important that the parent or guardian assist the child in fully explaining the list of injuries, symptoms and stress and anxiety caused by the accident.

-It’s recommended that you begin to seek legal representation as soon as possible. Blanchardstown's Rory Quigley & Co Solicitors specialises in personal injury* claims for minors and will be able to offer you our expert advice on how to begin legal proceedings.

Injured in an accident get the right advice from Rory Quigley & Co Solicitors today. Contact us.

*Disclaimer: In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fess or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.